[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] bug in coloured prompt

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe...
Mon Apr 2 05:31:30 CDT 2007

* Thorsten Kampe (Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:59:15 +0100)
> By the way (introducing a new bug(?): if I run Cygwin IPython (meaning
> "Linux" Python and GNU readline) the output prompt shows the colour
> escape sequences as coloured faces. This only happens with the
> standard Windows console and the well-known "Console"[1].
>
> The paradox thing is that prompt_in1 and prompt_in2 display fine -
> it's just prompt_out that has this mistake. Is there some special code
> in IPython that constructs the in prompts differently than the out
> prompt?!
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/

By the way(II): I've got the same (or similar - who knows) problem
with lftp and yafc[1] running under Cygwin. The only difference is
that IPython has the problem only with one of three prompts.

So if you could tell me if there is a difference how IPython
"constructs" the working input prompt and the faulty output prompt it
might help me to solve the other problems, too.

Thorsten
[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/87499/