[IPython-user] ipython 0.7.3 vs. django (python 2.5)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Apr 2 17:15:40 CDT 2007

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/2/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That probably makes sense for 0.7.4, then!
>> Clarification: I will take care of this before next week.
>
> I can cut an RC in a day or so, so if you let me know what needs to be
> done, I'll do it.  Yesterday I went through most of the remaining
> issues, and now we're done to just a few.  I hope to finish clearing
> them in the next day or two to cut a RC, so I'll be happy to do this
> as well.  Is it just a matter of disabling ipy_stock_completers in the
> default profile?

That's probably a good idea by itself. I would recommend splitting up
ipy_stock_completers.py with

#### Comment markers ######################################################

and add some docstrings to each completer to explain what they do. A little bit
of docs to explain how to add a my_completers.py file to your configuration to
add the ones you want would go over well, too.

However, I think that pkgutil.walk_packages() is dangerous and should be removed
from the implementation of module_completer() regardless of whether it is
enabled by default or not.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."