[IPython-user] Error when importing module into ipython

John Pye john.pye@student.unsw.edu...
Tue Apr 3 05:50:40 CDT 2007

Hi Fernando,

Fernando Perez wrote:
>  A few things you can do:
>
> - type %xmode verbose.  This will give you more verbose tracebacks,
> with information on the failing modules.  That might give you a clue.
>
> - After the error, type %debug.  This will drop you into the
> interactive debugger right where the crash occurred.  You can try then
> looking at the _freesteam object to study it and see if it looks OK.
> You might be picking one from the wrong directory, I don't know.
>
> Good luck,

I tried building my python module using a different version of SWIG
(1.3.24 instead of 1.3.29 and 1.3.31) and that caused IPython to give me
a different error. So I will raise it with the SWIG mailing list.

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering