[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] bug in coloured prompt

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe...
Tue Apr 3 16:18:14 CDT 2007

* Fernando Perez (Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:03:12 -0600)
> On 4/3/07, Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@thorstenkampe.de> wrote:
> > Where would I have to make the change? In class TermColors?
>
> Yes, try to make it similar to InputTermColors and see what happens.

Oooooops, it's actually the other way round: if I remove the \001/\002
from "class InputTermColors" then the outprompt (and the inprompts
still, too) looks fine.

My conclusion: readline may use those \001 \002 to "properly know the
length of each line and can wrap lines accordingly" but some Windows
terminals can't interpret them (or they don't ignore them like they
should or readline doesn't "eat" them like it should).

Now the question is: why do Windows cmd and Console together with
Cygwin Python and readline have a problem with those "\001 \002" pairs
and why do Windows cmd and Console together with Windows Python and
pyreadline not?!

Thorsten