[IPython-user] ipython 0.7.3 vs. django (python 2.5)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 3 23:17:26 CDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Yup, that code could use a bit of love and docs.  I also don't like
> > the fact that just importing it has the side effect of auto-loading
> > all the completers, which means users can't easily import the module
> > and then only register the ones they want to use.
> >
> > But a more significant cleanup is not what I want to get into right
> > now, so let's leave it at fixing the use  of that dangerous routine
> > for now.  Since Ville wrote that code, I'm sure when his schedule
> > becomes a bit more manageable he'll have some ideas on what to do
> > there.
>
> Well, it's easy to add 'register_all_completers()' function. I can
> easily do that over the easter (I'll be at my home machine).

Yup.  It would be good to have a registry of available completers, so
that users can also call

register_completer('foo') and have that work.  Such a registry could
key off 'foo' and set the appropriate function call, key pattern, etc.
 Then, the all call would just be

def register_all_completers():
  map(register_completer,COMP_REGISTRY)

Or something along those lines.