[IPython-user] IPython-using project

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 4 18:58:35 CDT 2007

On 4/4/07, John Pye <john.pye@student.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> Aha! I've been wanting to be able to do that! I had understood that it
> wasn't possible.

It's not possible today to embed ipython in a regular WX text widget.
These guys must be using a true terminal widget, something that looks
enough like a terminal to know what to do with ANSI escapes and for
readline to behave.

> Short of digging through their code, is there anywhere that documents
> how to wire up the IPython prompt /into a GTK widget/ like that?

Not that I know of.  But by all means, document it on the wiki when
you find out :)