[IPython-user] Testers requested - 0.7.4.rc1, with async cross-thread exceptions

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 5 10:38:15 CDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Steve Lianoglou <lists.steve@arachnedesign.net> wrote:

> Although I can't explicitly remember installing ctypes, I have a
> vague memory of doing so ... doesn't numpy rely on it somehow?

No.  Numpy can *use* ctypes, but it doesn't need it.  But it's such a
common and useful extension,  that many people are likely to already
have it on their boxes.  There's a reason it was made part of the
standard library for 2.5 :)

> Intel Mac, OS X.4.9
> Python 2.4
> Latest svn for IPython.
>
> Seems to be working as advertised -- I have a "long
> computation" (something that spins around in a for loop for about 5
> mins), which I can ctrl-c out of .. I feel like I wasn't able to do
> this last night when I really wanted to (and had to just close out of
> the shell to stop it)

Great, thanks for the feedback.  Please report any problems though.
This feature uses a fairly dirty hack to do something that has many
times been officially stated as 'impossible', so I want to be extra
cautious.  On the other hand, it's *extremely* useful (I'd never
switched out of the Tk backend in matplotlib in large part due to this
problem).

So please keep the feedback coming.