[IPython-user] Testers requested - 0.7.4.rc1, with async cross-thread exceptions

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty@yahoo...
Tue Apr 10 12:08:14 CDT 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:41:10 -0600, "Fernando Perez"
<fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote :

> > 1) There is still a strange bug on the Win32 postinstall script.
> > Everything seems to be OK but at the end of postinstall script I got
> > *** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***
>
> I'm afraid I can't reproduce this.  I installed python 2.5, pywin32
> and then ipython, and it all went fine.
>
> Now, it turns out that the pyreadline binary install is completely
> broken, but I installed it manually and everything seems to work fine.
>
> I'll mention the pyreadline problem separately so Jorgen can deal
> with it.

I don't know of any means to debug this : can you give me a hint ?
Is the postinstall script given in .tar.gz the same than the one
running in the .exe ?
Maybe also that's because I'm on a non-admin account on Windows XP, so
I can't write on the registry on set environment variable ?

Sorry to be of so little help...