[IPython-user] Testers requested - 0.7.4.rc1, with async cross-thread exceptions

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 10 12:18:27 CDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I don't know of any means to debug this : can you give me a hint ?
> Is the postinstall script given in .tar.gz the same than the one
> running in the .exe ?

Yes.

> Maybe also that's because I'm on a non-admin account on Windows XP, so
> I can't write on the registry on set environment variable ?

Very, very possible.  I only tested it with admin rights.

Unfortunately my desktop (where I had XP under VMWare) died this
weekend, and it will be at least a few weeks until I get it back
(complete hardware failure, need to buy new hardware and rebuild the
machine, and I have travel coming up).  This means that now, I'm
really totally out of the Win32 loop, I'm afraid.

> Sorry to be of so little help...

Well, same here...