[IPython-user] Slight Problem: Re: Test results (good?)

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Thu Apr 26 15:07:38 CDT 2007

I now have a slight problem that I seem to be getting extra stuff in
my traceback during ordinary errors (i.e. I didn't press Ctrl-C).
Here is what I am getting:

In [3]: run bicycle.py
exceptions.TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call
 last)

E:\siue\AdvDynamics\chapter5\bicycle.py
    103 thetalist=['$\\theta_'+item+'$' for item in xyzlist]
    104 solegend=thetalist+omegaleg
--> 105 omegaplot(3,t,outSO,legend=solegend)
    106
    107 show()

TypeError: omegaplot() got an unexpected keyword argument 'legend'
WARNING: Failure executing file: <bicycle.py>
exceptions.AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call
 last)

E:\siue\AdvDynamics\chapter5\<ipython console>

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\IPython\iplib.py in ipmagic(self, arg_s)
    955         else:
    956             magic_args = self.var_expand(magic_args,1)
--> 957             return fn(magic_args)
    958
    959     def ipalias(self,arg_s):

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\IPython\Shell.py in magic_run(self, parameter_s)
    544
    545     def magic_run(self,parameter_s=''):
--> 546         Magic.magic_run(self,parameter_s,runner=self.mplot_exec)
    547
    548     # Fix the docstring so users see the original as well

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\IPython\Magic.py in magic_run(self, parameter_s, r
unner)
   1674             if restore_main:
   1675                 sys.modules['__main__'] = restore_main
-> 1676             self.shell.reloadhist()
   1677
   1678         return stats

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\IPython\iplib.py in reloadhist(self)
   1255
   1256         if self.has_readline:
-> 1257             self.readline.clear_history()
   1258             self.readline.read_history_file(self.shell.histfile)
   1259

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'clear_history'

If I scroll back up, this much

In [3]: run bicycle.py
exceptions.TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call
 last)

E:\siue\AdvDynamics\chapter5\bicycle.py
    103 thetalist=['$\\theta_'+item+'$' for item in xyzlist]
    104 solegend=thetalist+omegaleg
--> 105 omegaplot(3,t,outSO,legend=solegend)
    106
    107 show()

TypeError: omegaplot() got an unexpected keyword argument 'legend'

is actually helpful.  From there down, it confused me.

Ryan