[IPython-user] Slight Problem: Re: Test results (good?)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 26 17:47:56 CDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> No change, I installed last night, so I think it is the same (the exe
> had the same name).

Long shot: any chance you may be picking an old/outdated pyreadline by
accident?  The error reported by your traceback:

> > > C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\IPython\iplib.py in reloadhist(self)
> > >    1255
> > >    1256         if self.has_readline:
> > > -> 1257             self.readline.clear_history()
> > >    1258             self.readline.read_history_file(self.shell.histfile)
> > >    1259
> > >
> > > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'clear_history'

was positively fixed here:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/changeset/2238

[ I just noticed the patch appears from John Hunter, I was testing his
account and ended up with his username in the commit :) ]

So it's really, really strange that you are seeing this particular error.

If it's not this, I'm officially out of ideas, given how this is all
win32/readline.  Any of our gurus in the room ?