[IPython-user] Slight Problem: Re: Test results (good?)

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Mon Apr 30 17:12:19 CDT 2007

Thanks Jörgen, we may be making some progress.

I can execute
 import pyreadline
pyreadline.clear_history

without error, but the error I am getting everytime I run anything is

-> 1259             self.readline.clear_history()
   1260             self.readline.read_history_file(self.shell.histfile)
   1261

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'clear_history'

So it seems like the readline being used here is not pyreadline 1.4
rc1.  I added a Pdb().set_race() and got this additional info:

ipdb> self.readline
Out[2]: <module 'IPython.rlineimpl' from 'C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\IPython\
rlineimpl.pyc'>

What does that mean?  Should I have a readline setting somewhere (in
some rc files?) that makes this object:
ipdb> self
Out[3]: <IPython.Shell.MatplotlibMTShell object at 0x0134D0F0>

pick up the right readline module?

Ryan