[IPython-user] problems installing IPython on OS 10.4

Jerome Fung jf1201@gmail....
Thu Aug 9 12:43:33 CDT 2007

Thanks again.  I believe I've now removed all ipython-related things from my
computer.  But there was one thing I wanted to point out before
reinstalling.  I looked for the directory

/usr/local/lib/python2.5/

and it did not exist.  The site-packages directory I managed to find that
was clearly for Python 2.5 had the path

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages

This directory held some packages (namely, scipy) that I had previously
installed and successfully run from /usr/local/bin/python.  I'm wondering if
this is part of the problem, and if perhaps this directory needs to be
specified somehow during the ipython install?

Thanks again,
Jerome