[IPython-user] Fwd: iPython install guide Mac OS X

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez@colorado....
Thu Aug 9 12:59:15 CDT 2007

Hi all,

here's a great resource on using/installing ipython&friends under OSX.
 Very timely, given today's user woes on that platform.

Many thanks to Burly for providing this!  Brownie points to anyone who
updates our wiki with the proper links.  I need to switch gears out
right now, the SnakeOil testing development ate all my available
ipython time for a few days.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Burly Cumberland <b.cumberland@imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Aug 6, 2007 5:14 AM
Subject: iPython install guide Mac OS X
To: Fernando.Perez@colorado.edu

Hi,

I thought people might find this of use, since
http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~tobis/pylab.html seems to have been under
revision for ever I wrote a short wiki with step by step instructions to
get pylab with ipython and matplotlib running on OS X. It can be found
here.
http://www.mtheory.co.uk/support/index.php?title=Installing_Python_-_iPython%2C_Numpy%2C_Scipy_and_Matplotlib_on_OS_X

As it's a wiki hopefully people will help keep it up to date.

Ta,
Burly.