[IPython-user] problems installing IPython on OS 10.4

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 9 13:17:37 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The /Library/... is the Apple-supplied Python.
>
> No, /System/Library/... contains the Apple-supplied Python. /Library/...
> contains the (recommended) Python from python.org . It symlinks
> /usr/local/bin/python, but site-packages is down in /Library/....

See, OSX is sooo easy to use... ;)

Thanks Robert, hopefully now the OP will be able to disentangle his
situation.  That wiki in the UK seemed to have a good description (I
read it in full after sending my mistaken email).