[IPython-user] problems installing IPython on OS 10.4

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 9 14:38:01 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:

> >> No, /System/Library/... contains the Apple-supplied Python. /Library/...
> >> contains the (recommended) Python from python.org . It symlinks
> >> /usr/local/bin/python, but site-packages is down in /Library/....
> >
> > See, OSX is sooo easy to use... ;)
>
> It's the little things, like being able to close and open my laptop without
> needing to think about it.  ;-)

Hey boy!  You saw my laptop:  as of Ubuntu 7.04 (granted, not before),
I can do the same as well :)  It does take longer than osx to wake up,
but it works.

Honestly, a modern ubuntu is a dream for development: 20.000 packages
I don't have to install, and really good support for everything else.