[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk@polyu.edu...
Fri Aug 10 00:09:41 CDT 2007

Glen W. Mabey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The difference between the svn URL he used for ipython and for numpy is
> probably that he used https for numpy.

Hello,

I'm also on the ipython list. :-) For the record,

1. This works (https):
svn co https://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk

2. These won't (plain http):
svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk
svn co http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/trunk

Same error message "svn: REPORT request failed ..."
after a lengthy period (a few minutes).

3. This (https) prompts for a password
svn co https://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/trunk

The only difference that I can see is the host name where numpy/scipy
use svn.scipy.org and ipython uses ipython.scipy.org.

> Once I finally convinced the network admins at my company to implement
> the changes given here:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

Ya, I've asked our system admin to look at the FAQ and their reply was
that these are not blocked.

> All of my svn-proxy issues disappeared.
>
> HTH,
> Glen