[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey@swri....
Fri Aug 10 09:50:29 CDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 01:09:41PM +0800, LUK ShunTim wrote:
> 1. This works (https):
> svn co https://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk

Good.

> 2. These won't (plain http):
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk
> svn co http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/trunk
>
> Same error message "svn: REPORT request failed ..."
> after a lengthy period (a few minutes).

So, you definitely have a proxy problem.

> 3. This (https) prompts for a password
> svn co https://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/trunk
>
> The only difference that I can see is the host name where numpy/scipy
> use svn.scipy.org and ipython uses ipython.scipy.org.

Right, and either a) those are two different machines, with different
config on the webserver such that the ipython one is not configured to
accept https connections, or b) those are two different virtual sites
running off the same webserver, and ipython.scipy.org, it is not
configured to accept https connections.

Either way, the two solutions I see are to a) get the ipython.scipy.org
admin to enable https, or b) get your admin to fix the proxy issue.

HTH,
Glen