[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 10 11:14:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

On 8/10/07, Glen W. Mabey <Glen.Mabey@swri.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 09:50:29AM -0500, Glen W. Mabey wrote:
> > > 3. This (https) prompts for a password
> > > svn co https://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/trunk
>
> Er, I guess I didn't read this part very carefully the first time
> around, and I also get a password prompt when I use the above command.
> And I don't know anything about svn admin-ing, and perhaps Fernando is
> an appropriate person to request some admin to look in to why
> https://ipython.scipy.org doesn't allow anonymous checkout's.
>
> The other option (addressing your own proxy issues) remains another
> possibility.

Unfortunately it seems that https can't currently be configured for
ipython SVN.  Here's what Jeff Strunk just told me:

We can only do this for one domain name since we only have one IP address for
the server at the moment. That consolidation will require a change in the SVN
url which is not the easiest thing to transition. It is impossible to use
redirects with SVN.

# /quote

So I'm afraid for now we're stuck without https access, sorry.