[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 10 23:23:56 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> One more reason to switch to mercurial some day ;-)

I really love hg, but that switch requires some infrastructure support
to preserve our Trac setup and SVN history, and none of that is easily
available at this moment, nor do I have the time to invest in it.

So in the meantime, I did something that should satisfy the needs of most users:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/nightly_svn/

now contains ipython and ipython1 nightly dumps of SVN.  These are svn
*exports*, not checkouts, so they are not useful for maintaining an
SVN sync (anyone who can sync can just checkout).  There's both a
tarball and a directory: the tarball is for anyone who just wants a
download, while the directory may allow people to synchronize with
less downloads.  rsync unfortunately doesn't know how to read http,
but perhaps someone knows of a wget-based trick to do the same.

In any case, I know this is not ideal, but at least it will allow
people easy access to reasonably up-to-date checkouts of the code for
both IPython trunk and IPython1/SAW (always with at most 24-hours of
lag behind true SVN).