[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Sat Aug 11 01:01:05 CDT 2007

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One more reason to switch to mercurial some day ;-)
>>

> I really love hg, but that switch requires some infrastructure support
> to preserve our Trac setup and SVN history, and none of that is easily
> available at this moment, nor do I have the time to invest in it.

I don't know much hg, and certainly do not want to push anything, but
just mention that bzr has support for svn, and it is quite good. I have
never tried with ipython svn, but it works for numpy and scipy svn,
which are arguably bigger, right ? bzr also serves directly in http. I
don't know how feasable it would be, but maybe putting some ready only
bzr repository synchronised with the svn would be possible ?

I have some problems with proxy (my uni network has no DNS, everything
is done through the proxy: great way to expose proxy bugs in softwares),
and none with bzr.

cheers,

David