[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 02:15:12 CDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One more reason to switch to mercurial some day ;-)
>

> I really love hg, but that switch requires some infrastructure support
> to preserve our Trac setup and SVN history, and none of that is easily
> available at this moment, nor do I have the time to invest in it.

There is the hgsvn thing that preserves SVN history:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/hgsvn

With that, you would do a

hgimport http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/trunk

And then, nightly run "hgpull".