[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 06:20:13 CDT 2007

On 8/13/07, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Anyway, all the reasons you mention are certainly valid. Again, I do not
> want to push bzr; just mention it because it can import svn trees and
> make them available through http, which was the problem I suggested bzr
> for :).

I have zero problems with exposing a snapshot via bzr, if someone has
the time to do it. I have the same problems as many others - I get
proxy errors when at work, but often succeed 5 minutes later.

However, some day, it might be cool to start using hg for deveploment.
There is still the trac integration problem, but we'll see how the
things pan out. There is no rush to move away from svn or anything.
Still, it sort of seems that hg is the "winner" on the distributed vcs
front ATM. I am working with 30meg+ source trees at work, and hg
operations are quite snappy.