[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 16:45:47 CDT 2007

Fernando Perez wrote:

> The one thing I like about bzr is that *any* http-accessible tree is
> valid for cloning, while hg needs a server process to run.  I don't
> understand why hg has this requirement, it seems like a great idea to
> follow bzr's lead here.

My understanding is that you essentially need a smart server in order to pull
quickly over HTTP. For the initial clone, though, wget probably works fine.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco