[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 16:49:03 CDT 2007

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I really love hg, but that switch requires some infrastructure support
>>> to preserve our Trac setup and SVN history, and none of that is easily
>>> available at this moment, nor do I have the time to invest in it.
>> There is the hgsvn thing that preserves SVN history:
>>
>> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/hgsvn
>
> I seem to recall R. Kern mentioning something about having had
> problems with this, it'd be good to hear from him.

I forget what problems I might have had with it. Overall, though, it was easier
and less error-prone to use than tailor.

> It seems to expect a newer version of the SVN client than is available
> on scipy.org (which has the ancient 1.2 client)  Bummer.

Seems likely. Our sysadmin is on vacation, so I don't want to mess with it
before he gets back. You might be able to build a recent SVN client with
--prefix=~/, though.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."