[IPython-user] Getting require('matplotlib') and -pylab to play together

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt@gmail....
Tue Aug 14 01:48:03 CDT 2007

Hi,

We are compiling and installing numpy, scipy and matplotlib using Easy
Install in "multi-version" mode. This requires the following lines
before these packages can be imported:

from pkg_resources import require
require(['numpy','scipy','matplotlib'])

I added these lines to my ipythonrc, which works fine. Problems start
when I start ipython with the -pylab flag, however, as this tries to
import matplotlib before reading the config file.

Currently I hacked these lines into the top-level ipython script. Is
there a better option?

Regards,

Ludwig Schwardt
Stellenbosch University / KAT Project