[IPython-user] changing shell for alias...

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Aug 17 11:40:54 CDT 2007

On 8/17/07, fred <fredmfp@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm reading the ipython doc,
> and I'm wondering if it is possible to change the shell for the alias.
> I use tcsh as my shell system and I would like to use its already
> existing alias.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to do. I can't believe
what would be the benefit of launching anything apart from plain sh
for os.system().

Do you mean you want to reuse the existing alias file you have made
for tcsh, to have the same convenience aliases handy?

This can be done quite easily, and it could be a jolly good extension.
Something like:

import ipy_aliascompat
ipy_aliascompat.parse_bashrc('~/.bashrc')