[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 17 18:04:47 CDT 2007

Hi all,

On 8/13/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:

> > I seem to recall R. Kern mentioning something about having had
> > problems with this, it'd be good to hear from him.
>
> I forget what problems I might have had with it. Overall, though, it was easier
> and less error-prone to use than tailor.
>
> > It seems to expect a newer version of the SVN client than is available
> > on scipy.org (which has the ancient 1.2 client)  Bummer.
>
> Seems likely. Our sysadmin is on vacation, so I don't want to mess with it
> before he gets back. You might be able to build a recent SVN client with
> --prefix=~/, though.

This is a summary after talking in person to Robert and others from Enthought:

The reason Enthought backed off was the immaturity of tool support,
mainly Trac.  In the meantime, we can set things up to have a nightly
sync of SVN into an hg repo hosted directly on ipython.scipy.org,
which will be served over http with the proper hg server.  We'll do
that when the Enthought admin returns from vacation.

So once the hg server is in place, we'll set this up and we'll start
by exposing hg.  As the Trac support for hg matures, we can revisit
the issue of fully switching to hg, if indeed it becomes robust
enough.