[IPython-user] Problem doing svn co behind proxy

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sat Aug 18 04:13:02 CDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 03:59:31AM -0600, Fernando Perez wrote:
> I'm inclined to go with hg because:
>
> - As Ville mentioned, at least on the net there seems to be a lot of
> evidence of the speed difference between hg and bzr being huge.

I don't really mind which way this goes, but for a fair evaluation one
should keep in mind that bzr was first developed to be
feature-complete; only then did they have a performance drive (from
version 0.10 up).  The current version is much zippier than its
predecessors.  The following link is already outdated, but it gives
you some idea of the improvements they've made:

http://bazaar-vcs.org/Performance/0.15

Also, make sure you use the 'python-celementtree' package
(vs. 'python-elementtree', implemented in pure Python).

Cheers
Stéfan