[IPython-user] Time for documentation infrastructure overhaul?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Aug 21 10:20:25 CDT 2007

I was wondering, would it make sense to make the manual "publically
editable"? The svn is not really the problem, but the special
toolchain (lyx etc.) required for it is. I admit I haven't bothered to
pay the official documentation the attention it deserves, and it has
been lagging for quite a while.

I remember there was a flamewar or two regarding this on python-dev
(python documentation is also a pain to maintain), but there are much
less of us so I think it could be more manageable here :-)

Of course there isn't too much time to invest into this, but since
apparently TRAC supports reStructuredText, perhaps the documentation
could be converted to reST and placed in TRAC?

Ideas & suggestions welcome.