[IPython-user] Moving to Python-based configuration files

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen@laposte....
Fri Aug 24 11:43:09 CDT 2007

I am in the process of migrating from ipythonrc to ipy_user_conf.py
for configuring IPython (0.8.1) on the various computers, mostly to
gain flexibility. However, I ran into a problem: as soon as I uncomment

	import ipy_defaults

to disable ipythonrc, ipython ignores the "colors" option given on
the command line. I can still change the color scheme inside
ipy_user_conf.py, and I can still use the magic command %colors
inside ipython.

Is this a bug? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
   Konrad.