[IPython-user] Moving to Python-based configuration files

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Aug 24 13:48:53 CDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> So let's find a solution to this problem that isn't simply "all your
> command line flags are actually being ignored, despite what the man
> page, the online manual and the tutorials say".

They are not, unless you do "import ipy_defaults".

In any case, I'll probably add a "more sensible" / recommended /
simpler way to specify the config on command line (as described
before), but also add a compatibility layer to keep current scripts
working.