[IPython-user] Moving to Python-based configuration files

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen@laposte....
Sun Aug 26 06:15:40 CDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 8/24/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > So let's find a solution to this problem that isn't simply "all
>> your
>> > command line flags are actually being ignored, despite what the man
>> > page, the online manual and the tutorials say".
>
> They are not, unless you do "import ipy_defaults".
>
> In any case, I'll probably add a "more sensible" / recommended /
> simpler way to specify the config on command line (as described
> before), but also add a compatibility layer to keep current scripts
> working.

If I understand correctly what is happening, a suitable workaround
would be to comment out the "import ipy_defaults" and replace
ipythonrc by an empty file. Would that produce the same behaviour as
IPython after the bug has been fixed?

Konrad.