[IPython-user] Cmd line flag -i now works as in normal python

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 27 00:27:45 CDT 2007

On 8/26/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the past, command line flag -i was ignored. Now, it behaves like
> the standard python flag, i.e. leaves the ipython session running
> after running the script (ipython test.ipy) or a -c statement from
> command line (ipython -i -c "print 'hello world' "):
>
> d:\ipython>python IPython.py -c "print 10"
> 10
>
> d:\ipython>python IPython.py -i -c "a=10"
>
> In [2]: print a
> 10
>
> In [3]:
>
> It would be cool if emacs users tried this out, because apparently the
> -i flag was previously ignored to provide for emacs. It should not
> break it though.

Quick testing didn't reveal any problems, so we seem to be in the
clear.  If anyone notices anything wrong under emacs let us know, but
several tests I just ran seemed OK.

Thanks for implementing this, and for fixing the command-line priority problem.