[IPython-user] Enabling Python warnings

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Aug 28 11:11:08 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 06:26:01AM -0600, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> How would you do that?  The python interpreter is already up and
> running, how do you 'pass it' the options?

Yes, I wasn't thinking straight.  But it can be done for warning
options, at least (see attached patch).  No pressure to apply: I
think you've said before that there are too many options already.

> And what's wrong with
>
> python -Wall `which ipython`

It feels a bit klunky, but I suppose it's ok.  IPython already
supports some common Python options, like "-c", so I just expected it
to work.

Cheers
Stéfan