[IPython-user] Enabling Python warnings

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Aug 28 11:52:52 CDT 2007

On 8/28/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Yes, I wasn't thinking straight.  But it can be done for warning
> options, at least (see attached patch).  No pressure to apply: I
> think you've said before that there are too many options already.

Indeed there are. Warning stuff is something that should go into your
own extensions, possibly enabled via -i -c "enablewarnings()".

BTW, one cool thing about -c is that the command is passed through
IPython prefilters, so if you have "sh" profile enabled by default
(e.g. by having 'import ipy_profile_sh' in ipy_user_conf), you can use
IPython as a login shell in your server and stuff like SFTP to that
server will still will still work! This is because the login shell
should be able to handle '<shellname> -c <cmd>' (where cmd is some
system command), and IPython in sh profile (or the relevant aliases
defined) can do that.

Not that I recommend using IPython as your login shell, of course. ;-)