[IPython-user] non-interactive ipython for script

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Dec 11 10:23:03 CST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:37 PM, Reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to resolve my own dilemma. For posterity, I'm going to record the
> solution to my dilemma here:
>
> If you want to run ipython commands within a python script you need to do
> something like
>
> from IPython.Shell import IPShellEmbed
> ipshell = IPShellEmbed()
> ip=ipshell.IP
>
> and then if you have _ipmagic commands you want to run, you can do
>
> ip.ipmagic("px import os")

Note that it's more rebust to run methods on the public IPython api.
I.e. do ip = ipshell.api and then ip.magic('px import os')

You can explore the api interactively by playing with _ip object.