[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty@yahoo...
Thu Feb 1 16:46:53 CST 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:29:27 -0700, "Fernando Perez"
<fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote :

> > > Great.  Ville, Jorgen?  I don't want to emit judgment on a patch
> > > which I won't even be testing myself, since I don't run the
> > > platform.  I'll leave this one up to you guys.
> >
> > Too bad I can't comment on win32 stuff at the moment either; I'm
> > still away from home (in Sweden) on a Linux-only laptop. I have one
> > month to go, so someone else should review this stuff...
>
> Oops, sorry.  You'd mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'd forgotten.
>
> Nicolas: send the patch in, and we'll have a look at it regardless (we
> can still read it and evaluate it as pure code).  Hopefully someone
> else can help with testing it. If push comes to shove I'll set things
> up under VMWare for a test myself (I can do it, it just takes me much
> more time than for a regular win32 user since I don't have anything
> set up in everyday use).

Hello,

As promised here is the patch.
I basically did 3 things :
1) Inhibit \001 and \002 in case we are on w32 AND emacs
2) Inhibit getch() in case we are on w32 AND emacs
3) Add 'ipython.bat' to 'Scripts' to help emacs find ipython.

I'm open to any criticize so fell free to comment.

Regards,