[IPython-user] ipython terminal weirdness

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 7 13:19:28 CST 2007

On 2/7/07, Lev Givon <lev@columbia.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps ipython is emitting some escape sequence in order to colorize
> output that actually redefines (i.e., blanks) the terminal's
> representation of the linefeed character?

The color escapes are regular ANSI escapes, and I've had very
long-running sessions with plenty of colored output where this does
NOT happen.

I suspect the culprit is an interaction with the system pager ('less'
in my case).  I have a hunch that I've seen this problem only after
having used less to page long sections of info.  But it doesn't happen
always, so I just don't know.