[IPython-user] no site file

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Fri Feb 9 15:32:05 CST 2007

On 2/9/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> John Hunter wrote:
> > I would like to launch ipython (in pylab mode) with the equivalent of
> >
> >> python -S
> >
> > which suppresses the site.py file.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
>   $ python -S `which ipython`
>
> Maybe.

Doesn't look like it -- it crashes on this ipmaker line that confuses
me; credits indeed does not appear to be defined but that doesn't seem
to bother ipython in normal operation.  Are you guys doing some funky
black magic over there in the ipython development studios?

Also, I suspect this will fail in the "-pylab" mode in any case

johnh@flag:~> python -S /home/titan/johnh/dev/bin/ipython
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/titan/johnh/dev/bin/ipython", line 26, in ?
    import IPython
  File "/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/IPython/__init__.py",
line 60, in ?
    __import__(name,glob,loc,[])
  File "/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/IPython/Shell.py",
line 34, in ?
    from IPython.ipmaker import make_IPython
  File "/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/IPython/ipmaker.py",
line 23, in ?
    credits._Printer__data = """
NameError: name 'credits' is not defined
johnh@flag:~>