[IPython-user] Getting IPython working with NTEmacs

DaveS davls@telus....
Mon Feb 12 23:00:54 CST 2007

If pydb works stand-alone but not with IPython, it could be that Emacs is
not seeing the prompt correctly.  Applying the Debugger.py patch i posted
earlier ensures the prompt is 'ipydb> '.  There is also a bug in
ipython.el.  'pydb-pydbtrack-input-prompt' is incorrectly written as
'py-pydbtrack-input-prompt'.  Try evaluating:

(setq pydb-pydbtrack-input-prompt "\n[(]*ipydb[>)]+ ")  ; not py-pydb..

Hopefully that does the trick.  I think Emacs CVS has switched to python.el.
I'm still using python-mode.el so there may be other issues I'm not aware of.

DS