[IPython-user] Having the functionality of -pylab is user-defined config file

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Feb 14 00:11:32 CST 2007

On 2/14/07, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

>     I am finally taking a look at the new way of doing user profile. I
> would like my user profile to have the same ability than -pylab
> (automatically show matplotlib figures and so on), but I am not sure how
> to do it. Does ipython exposes an API to do that in an user profile, or
> should I simply copy the code in Shell.py ?

-pylab is rather special in that it's not a profile, but instead has
stuff hardwired into the ipython code (Shell.py as you mentioned);
that is, the api to create -pylab like functionality doesn't exist
ATM. You'll probablt have to copy the code in Shell.py.