[IPython-user] IPython locks file being edited.

Paul Smith paul.smith@catugmt....
Mon Feb 19 22:30:31 CST 2007

Oops! I totally forgot to mention I'm using Win XP. So you're likely right
it being a win32 issue Fernando, though maybe in conjunction with Crimson
(see below)? On playing around with it a little more, I tried starting
ipython and crashing the program, then starting Crimson (not with %edit) and
try saving. This still results in the "access denied" msg even if no editing
is done first. It's at that point the MFC.tmp files are created, so that
appears to be Crimson's doing. Next I tried editing and saving in notepad,
no problem! (well, other than notepad is crap). So my solution for now is to
switch to Notepad++ which also seems to work fine and looks like it has all
the features I want. Curious though, what's going on with win32/Crimson?
Paul