[IPython-user] IPython locks file being edited.

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Feb 20 00:03:12 CST 2007

On 2/20/07, Paul Smith <paul.smith@catugmt.com> wrote:

> no problem! (well, other than notepad is crap). So my solution for now is to
> switch to Notepad++ which also seems to work fine and looks like it has all
> the features I want. Curious though, what's going on with win32/Crimson?

This is completely unrelated to IPython, but since you are shopping
for editors do try the recently free-beered Komodo Edit:

http://www.activestate.com/products/komodo_edit/

Once some things settle down I'll probably switch to it for all my
Python editing, it's that good.