[IPython-user] Windows installation issue

Riley, Ken Ken_Riley@adp....
Thu Feb 22 15:33:12 CST 2007

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this is an old problem. I searched with google and didn't
find a problem + solution similar enough to mine for me to fix it.

What happens is that the installation program goes to what appears to be
the very end and then prints the message *** run_installscript: internal
error 0xFFFFFFFF *** in the message portion of the dialog box and
PostInstall script finished. Press the Finish button to exit the setup
wizard.  I press the finish button, the installation program ends
without any other error indications.

I checked the install logs for ctypes, pyreadline and ipython and did
not see any errors.

There isn't a IPython entry in the windows start menu so I try to run
ipython in the python shell:

C:\Python24\Scripts>python

Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

>>> import IPython

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?

  File "C:\Python24\scripts\IPython.py", line 27, in ?

    IPython.Shell.start().mainloop()

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Shell'

>>> import ipython

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?

  File "C:\Python24\scripts\IPython.py", line 26, in ?

    import IPython

  File "C:\Python24\scripts\IPython.py", line 27, in ?

    IPython.Shell.start().mainloop()

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Shell'

Here are the relevant versions of the os/sftw

OS:XP SP2

Python: 2.4.4

Pywin32: pywin32-210.win32-py2.4.exe

Ctypes: ctypes-1.0.1.win32-py2.4.exe

Readline: pyreadline-1.3.win32.exe

Ipython: ipython-0.7.3.win32.exe

I would appreciate any suggestions about where to go from here.

Thanks,

Ken

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return
email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.