[IPython-user] IPython Color help on windows cmd shell

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 28 15:26:01 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, eric jones <eric@enthought.com> wrote:
> Hey Fernando,
>
> Your screen shot is down right beautiful.
>
> As for the build, I'm unfortunately stuck in 2.4 world for at least
> another month or two.  We're already shipping ctypes as an egg, so I
> don't think that should be a problem...  Bryce, how hard is it to update
> the eggs we distribute to the SVN versions of the packages he mentions?
> It sounds like it would be an improvement for everyone.  If it is
> complicated, then we'll take Fernando up on the offer to put 2.4 build
> up on the site for us.

OK, Stefan was nice enough to send me a ctypes win32 installer for
py24, which I put up here:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

so that others can get it easily, since the main site seems down.
With that, I got the attached screenshot, after installing on a clean
system (I removed the py25 installation first), in this order:

1. Python2.4 from Python.org
2. Ctypes from the above link.
3. Win32 extensions from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
4. pyreadline and IPython from the above link.

So the system /does work/ for py24 and py25.  I'll leave it to Bryce
to shoehorn this into your egg magic.