[IPython-user] pager to stdout

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 2 13:59:53 CST 2007

    Ville> On 1/2/07, John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu>
    Ville> wrote:
    >> Oh my god, I'm a genius!
    >>
    >> > env PAGER=cat ipython -pylab

    Ville> Still, implementing _ip.options.pager option variable (that
    Ville> takes a callable), or a hook wouldn't probably be too bad
    Ville> an idea...

Having it configurable at runtime would be nice.  The use case is that
I wanted to post an interactive session, and the output from
help(someobj) was being caught by the PAGER and disappearing when I
hit 'q'.  Sure I can 'print someobj.__doc__'but I am trying to
emphasize the interactive session and what the user would see in
normal use...

JDH