[IPython-user] debugging a function w/ipython

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 15:54:40 CST 2007

Hi Belinda,

On 1/6/07, belinda thom <bthom at cs.hmc.edu> wrote:
> Hello Fernando,
>
> I'd be happy to test the changes. It means I will (finally) have to
> experience actually downloading source from a development version (in
> this regard I'm a real newbie; I use macports for just about
> everything).
>
> I looked at the trac info but am uncertain what I need to do to test
> this stuff.
>
> I think SVN refers to subversion, something else I've never used
> (alas, CVS is my old friend).
>
> I've currently got 0.7.3 installed (via easy_install of an egg). Is
> it your intention that I should take this "diff" output from trac to
> my specific files, or should I download a whole new version?

working from SVN requires a separate download.  I've put all the
necessary instructions here, along with links to SVN docs and
tutorials to get you started:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Developer_Zone

By putting it in the wiki rather than replying directly to you,
hopefully they can be of use to others as well in the future.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,