[IPython-user] debugging a function w/ipython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:52:09 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'll add an extension that makes setting env vars persistently
> possible, by providing a form of
>
> %env EDITOR=foo
>
> %env PATH+=;c:\myscripts
>
> (the latter always adds ;c:\myscripts to path)

Done.

import envpersist in ipy_user_conf.py and %env?   =>

    Store environment variables persistently

    IPython remembers the values across sessions, which is handy to avoid
    editing startup files.

    %env - Show all environment variables
    %env VISUAL=jed  - set VISUAL to jed
    %env PATH+=;/foo - append ;foo to PATH
    %env PATH+=;/foo - also append ;bar to PATH
    %env VISUAL=del  - forget VISUAL persistent val