[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 18 15:20:07 CST 2007

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:46:56 -0700, "Fernando Perez"
<fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote :
> > I'm trying to get IPython 0.7.3 working with XEmacs 21.5.17 native
> > on XP SP2, Python 2.5, python-mode.el 4.79.  When I start py-shell
> > I get startup messages but no prompt.
>
> I'm sorry I can't be of much help.  Under *nix both XEmacs and plain
> Emacs work fine for me, and I'm not a windows user, so I'm not quite
> sure what the problem may be there.
>
> If anyone else on the list can offer some insight, it would be very
> welcome (and if a clear solution emerges, we'll add it to the FAQ
> and/or manual).

Hello,

I would like to give it a shot, but I'm not familiar with comint...
Could someone at least point me to the right direction or what is the
procedure to debug this ?
Maybe it's the new python-mode which introduce a regression ? Have you
ever heard of someone able to use it on Windows before ?
Or are we the first ? ;-)

Thanks,